A complete and holistic system of healing, homeopathy was developed in Germany in the 1700s and has been holding its own as a healing modality in Europe, Asia, and around the world for over 200 years.
Practiced by many American physicians in the 1800s and then pushed out of the medical system when the AMA was formed in the late 1800s, homeopathy is only now experiencing a resurgence in popularity as people search for a safe, green, and holistic alternative to the more toxic drugs offered by popular medicine.
Homeopathy means “treating like with like” so it looks at the state the person is in and tries to match it with a remedy in order to stimulate the body’s own healing mechanism. The homeopath spends a long time with each person in a consultation and both physical and emotional conditions are commonly treated.
Green parents love homeopathy because they can use the remedies in pregnancy and its fantastic for the safe treatment of baby ailments like teething, colic, ear infections and sleep issues. Used throughout life, homeopathy can address acute and chronic illnesses (like eczema, asthma, auto immune syndromes) and even behavioral and attention issues. It’s complete so it covers just about everything! Here are seven reasons why you should try homeopathy:
1. Homeopathy is green. Homeopathic remedies don’t tax the earth’s resources to produce and are minimally packaged when bought from a homeopathic pharmacy. With homeopathy less is always more.
2. Homeopathy is safe and non-toxic. While the remedies can be made from any substance in the world they are the energetic essence of that substance so they are completely free of side effects and therefore useful for all ages and life stages.
3. Homeopathy works with the body’s own healing mechanism instead of against it. Rather than an “anti” medication like all prescription and over the counter drugs, homeopathy works on the law of similars – treating like with like.
4. Homeopathy is individualized so you are never treated like you’re exactly the same as another person. The practitioner really gets to know you and so you are not only heard but also understood for what makes you “you”. This can also be a very enlightening experience for the patient as your own self is mirrored back to you.
5. Homeopathy has more than 200 years of solid use and quantum science behind it with all the remedies being proven on people so they are well understood.
6. You can learn how to do it! With training you can learn to use the remedies for your family for acute and first aid situations so you don’t need to reach for more toxic solutions to common complaints.
7. Homeopathy takes your entire self into consideration – mind body and spirit – so illnesses caused by stress, auto-immune factors, and chronic illness are well understood by the practitioner.
Before commencing a homeopathic treatment plan always consult with a Registered Homeopath who has undergone intensive training in both homeopathic medicine and health sciences.