One area where Homeopathy truly can shine is helping women become pregnant and give birth in as short a time and with as little pain and medical interventions as possible. This assistance has a significant effect on mother and child. Homeopathic treatment can spare unnecessary trauma and exposure to drugs and surgery for both.
1) Treating Infertility: We will spend some time looking at infertility and how we can address it with homeopathy. We will look at possible reasons and the remedies that sometimes help assist in this process.
2) Treating during pregnancy and labour. Some of the issues we will cover:
• the role of the homeopath in the Birthing Process
• morning sickness, vomiting and nausea (in pregnancy and labour)
• “Late” babies (how to encourage labour)
• Exhaustion during pregnancy and in labour
• Labour pains
• “Failure to progress” during labour
• Vomiting and nausea (in pregnancy and labour)
• Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia
• Late expulsion of the placenta
3) Treating mother and baby in the immediate postpartum period. These six weeks can present many challenges to the new family, and homeopathy can play an essential role in supporting them during this time. We will discuss (among other things):
• Healing after tears, episiotomy, and Caesarian sections – physically and emotionally
• After- pains
• Hemorrhaging and postpartum infection
• Counteracting the effects of medication during birth and after
• Sexual intimacy and libido after birth
• Breastfeeding Challenges
• Postpartum depression and bonding issues
AND for the newborn:
• Shock and trauma after birth
• Head and spinal injuries from birth
• Neonatal jaundice
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
JOIN US FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A WONDERFUL DAY!
This lecture will be fully accessible over ZOOM.
Details: Sunday, October 3, 2021 from 11am – 6pm EDT (8am – 3pm PST)
Cost: $75 (recording will be available if you are not able to make it live)
Pat Deacon RSHom, HMC, has been in homeopathic practice for more than 25 years. She did her initial training and first few years of practice in the UK before returning to Canada. She worked with midwives extensively during her first 15 years of practice, giving workshops to birth attendants and homeopaths alike. She has given birth to three children, two of whom were born at home. She also had the privilege of attending the arrivals of both her grandchildren.